Korean Fried Chicken!!
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs, quartered
- 1/2 yellow onion, grated
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup very cold water, or as needed
- oil, or as needed
- Stir chicken, onion, garlic, fine salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper together in a bowl until chicken is coated. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate, 4 hours to overnight.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 340 degrees F (171 degrees C).
- Whisk cornstarch, flour, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon salt together in a large bowl. Gradually whisk ice water into flour in until mixture resembles a smooth pancake batter. Transfer chicken to batter and stir to coat chicken completely.
- Working in batches, cook chicken in preheated oil for 4 minutes. Transfer cooked chicken to a cooling rack.
- Increase oil temperature in the deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Working in batches, cook chicken again in hot oil until golden brown and crispy on the outside, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to drain.