Coconut Curry Chicken
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (3 pound) chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 large onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 large potatoes – peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1/4 cup Jamaican curry powder
- hot pepper sauce to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken, onions, and garlic until the chicken has browned; about 5 minutes.
- Stir in potatoes, salt, and curry powder; add enough water to cover the chicken halfway. Cover, and simmer until tender, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Season to taste with hot pepper sauce.